Friday, October 1, 2021

Anti-DeSantis Ad Tells the ‘Dark Dystopian Story’ of Florida Leaving People Alone

By Charles C. W. Cooke

Thursday, September 30, 2021

 

This attack ad against Governor DeSantis is among the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

 

When it came across my timeline on Twitter, I expected it to be full of out-of-context quotes and ridiculously partisan charges. Instead, it features ominous music while DeSantis says positive things such as, “We trust people to make their own decisions in this state, we’re not going to be bludgeoning people.”

 

Perhaps the best part of all is the juxtaposition between DeSantis saying, “if you’re trying to lock people down, I’m going to stand in your way” and the screen flashing, “TERRIFYINGLY EVIL” and “A DARK DYSTOPIAN STORY.” Because, as the avid historians among us will know, things tend to get really totalitarian when government officials say, “I’m going to leave you alone.”

No comments: