Saturday, February 17, 2007

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the Conservative Article Annals. What I’m hoping to do with this site is provide a quick pit-stop where you can read good articles from the right side of the political spectrum without having to jump from place to place looking for the good stuff.

Why am I doing this? Because living in Europe has forced me to scour the net looking for the conservative viewpoint and now that I’ve found some good stuff, I thought I’d share. Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t tried to shield myself from the leftist point of view. As a matter of fact, I think exposing yourself opinions other than your own is critically important in determining where you really stand. However, the conservative voice is sometimes underrepresented in certain U.S. publications and it’s effectively non-existent in Europe so I’ve built my own little collection of conservative material and thought I’d consolidate it here. I’m also hoping that the tag function will allow for quick searches just in case you need to arm yourself with information for the next time you verbally joust with an ultra-leftist kook.

So what will appear here? Usually articles from conservative op-ed columnists and whatever else catches my eye. Expect little to no commentary from me personally. The posts might come fast and furious while I get everything up and running but will probably slow down as I begin to settle into things.

We’ll start with a piece from the L.A. Times about U.S. Army 2nd Lt. Mark Jennings and his MySpace post explaining why he signed up even though he had previously spoken out against the war. NOTE: The full text of his MySpace post follows the article.

No comments: